Sunday 8 March 2009

keep it simple silly

the other evening i sat down and it was pretty late to be scrapbooking. but i wanted to complete a layout! i made up my mind to put together a simple one. when i first started scrapbooking, a simple layout meant maybe 2 photos matted on coloured cardstock...glued to coloured cardstock in a different tone...with a sticker or some other embellishment. and a title typed onto a strip of paper glued on to one of the edges. and none of it touched each other! anyone remember those early scrapbooking days?!

so i gave myself some self-talk and told myself that it is okay to keep it simple. right now i've admired a lot of other scrapbookers using one 4x6 or a couple of tiny photos, and leaving A LOT of "white" space. sometimes using a lot of photos just complicates things! or a lot of different paper...

here is what i did. i think it only took me 45 minutes (including the self-talk!).




and to keep it clean...i did my journaling on the reverse of the page. haha. i kept my words within the stitched frame.

the polka dot paper and bicycle ad are from Graphic45. i LOVE this new paper! seriously i went and bought one of every paper our lss had. as i was deciding which paper to cut up...i got thinking that maybe i should have bought two of every paper as it is double-sided and soooo wonderful! you know you are a paper addict when....

i also used pp from Crate Paper (leftover on my table). Maya Road-ribbon, sheer clock. Prima-flower. Jenny Bowlin-letter stickers. and the writing...my black Zig Writer....i've had that marker since my very first album i made in 1996. it is my favourite pen and it is still awesome! best purchase!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin