Sunday 19 February 2012

little bit of love


i had wanted to share this tag for Valentines' Day.

so much for that!

it has been a bit of an emotional week for me. grateful that myself and my family are all okay. sad to learn that a new friend will need some scary surgery next week. happy for an old friend finding love for the second time in her life and getting married last weekend. yay!! saying good-bye to one of my uncles the day after valentines' day. meeting a cousin who i had never met, but had been pen-pals with when we were much younger. the highs were very high, and the lows were very low. the ol' tear ducts got quite the workout. these days i cry with happiness and sadness.

it was a tough week to concentrate and keep ourselves organized. especially when we were not sure how the week would all play out! the house is a disaster. as much as that really bugs me, it seems so minor right now. so i have been walking through some of the more lived-in areas with my eyes closed! it will eventually get organized, de-cluttered, dusted and mopped.

in the meantime....paper, ink and ribbon have been flying around my craft room.

Photobucket

our last tag challenge. my turn to pick. i chose simple! just include one heart.

hard to believe, but this tag did take me some time.

i started with watercolour paper. my favourite is Arches cold press. sadly it has been a long time since i painted real pictures... and i had forgotten that. instead i used some paper i bought for the kids. i was not overly thrilled with how the colours worked. maybe Arches would have had the same result...perhaps it was the person holding the brush? you may be interested to know that i also did a sample using my Distress inks with water and my distress stains. i actually had to look at them quite closely to tell the difference. topic change...i watched a video of an artist using the inks and stains for his painting. it was amazing. i will have to find it and share it here. it was on a "tweet" from Tim Holtz and Mario.

back to my tag....i cut up several hearts from pink tissue paper. as well as one from the ink pad tag that had also been stamped. i adhered them to the tag with Matte Medium. then the tag started to become more likeable to me.

i also adhered the stamped heart with the matte medium too. and the metal word. which was inked with Snow Cap alcohol ink.

the ribbon was coloured with Spun Sugar and a bit of Old Paper.

added the metal heart trinket - also inked with the Snow Cap alcohol ink, then sanded - with a vintage garment pin. added the heart pin. then it needed some white tulle.

it was at this point i decided some clear glass glitter on the stamped heart might look interesting. it had been at least 2 weeks since i used any glass glitter....i was doing well! heehee!!


we had a fabulous crowd for my tag demo last week. i always have a great time hanging out with a few of our regular customers and meeting new people. my abs were sore from laughing so much. very therapeutic after my crazy week.


and now on to the layout designing this week. keep your fingers crossed that i can get the March Year in Review layout finished by Thursday. it will be tricky. the paper just arrived and we have a holiday on Monday. not to mention it has been a four day weekend for us too. not complaining, but it sure makes a short month even shorter! wish me luck.


1 comment:

  1. I hope your life settles down and you have a peaceful and relaxing week, Roxanne :) Beautiful tag...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin