Saturday 7 April 2012

sweet memories


here is our fourth layout in our 2012 Year in Review series.


this month i chose a sketch from Sketch Support.

the challenge was to take a SINGLE 12x12 page sketch and turn it into a DOUBLE 12x12 layout.

Photobucket

it is nearly impossible to follow a sketch perfectly in this technique. since i broke rules from the start, i just kept going and breaking more of them. like not cutting my paper into straight lines. changing the widths of the paper. the clouds became a doily, stitches became a butterfly and metal trinket. you can see that the sketch was definitely an inspiration for this page. they have some gorgeous layouts on the Sketch Support blog too. they are definitely worth checking out.

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful papers from My Mind's Eye. the Miss Caroline collection.

they always have the loveliest stamps too. couldn't make up my mind which ones were the best, so i chose a couple of them.

of course i found some very pretty buttons from Bazzill that are so darling. added a bit of the new Maya Road trim and metal hanger.

and close to an entire package of foam pop dots! no, not really. but i sure came close.

Photobucket

my Cameo had a workout with this one. borders and butterflies. even my own design is a part of this layout. the Vagabond did not get left out either. there is a Cheery Lynn doily and some of the brand new Sizzix butterflies. as well as a few other surprises....but you will have to come to class to learn those.

Photobucket

i should have a contest on how many of those foam squares i used!

Photobucket

i chose some photos from a few years ago. i had fully intended to use them to create a mini-album. never did. i had originally printed them in colour. but i had put my son in a red shirt that day....did not work with the lovely soft coloured paper at all!

the worn wood on the papers reminded me of all the old wood around our former home. aged to perfection!

Photobucket

if you bought some decorative edged scissors back when they were all the rage....you can pull them out and dust them off. or those rulers that were popular for the torn edges. my scissors are Fiskars Paper Edgers in the DECKLE style. i bought them for the very first album i ever made. they did go for a few years not being used. lately they are getting used much more frequently. i like that they make my paper look a bit torn, and kind of the same style as the old vintage photos.

{if you have a pair, bring them to class!!}

Photobucket

Urban also got in some dress form metal adornments. i haven't used them...yet!....but i think they would be darling if you used them like a paperclip....just upside down. love them!



1 comment:

  1. I love it! The colors and papers are beautiful together! I love the misting, the chicken wire, the banners and of course the embossing butterflies! I also went out and bought those little hangers just because I saw them here on your blog - now only to use them!!! Miss you - and yes...if I can get rid of my Cricut - I will probably get a cameo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin